Tuesday, March 6, 2018

REMEMBER!!!


"And another one bites the dust..."
No, not the flower above but the Trump Administration!!!

Remember me telling you about a hobby that I rediscovered because I could make beads...felting? I am still making beads and they are getting better and better. But, my hand cramps up holding the bead so it does take longer than expected.

Well, I remembered a friend who created a felted landscape and I thought that might be fun. I tried my hand at an underwater scene. The vegetation looks great but the fish have a long way to go. I am still working on it.

I wanted to tried something a little more abstract and this is what I created...
...I really like it. I think I will 'quilt' it using gold thread first and then I'll see where I go from there. I felted this to a piece of white felt using the felting needles on a thick piece of upholstery foam. I had to lift the piece often so that it didn't get too imbedded in the foam.  It sure is different from the rest of my techniques!

I also began another project today. Remember - that seems to be the theme for the day - the quilted containers that I made for the Holiday Party that didn't happen? I thought I would make some with a spring theme. I cut out four using two different color schemes...


I want to get these finished this week and mail them out in time for Spring Celebrations. They will be perfect to hold some eggs or candy.

Well, we are supposed to get another nor'easter beginning around midnight with rain but quickly turning to snow. And it's suppose to snow all day tomorrow. I was going to look at more houses but tomorrow may turn into a soup and reading day. Sounds good to me...

Thanks for stopping in...
Talk with you tomorrow...