Monday, March 19, 2018

SIGNS OF SPRING & A CREATIVE JOURNEY FOR OLDER FOLK

Walking home from the subway this afternoon, I actually saw several signs of spring bursting out all over. Here are just a few.

Red buds beginning to open...

Lush green leaves waiting for their flowers...

And small purple and yellow flowers bringing smiles...

I always equate signs of spring with hope. It makes sense if you think about it, though. New growth replaces dormant bushes, bright colors replace last year's leaves long since turned brown and green everywhere. It reminds me of the world waking up and getting ready to reveal new wonders to all who would seek them.

Once again, I guess this is a weekly tradition now, we went fishing up in the Tuxedo Park area. First we went to a river...

And then to a lake in Harriman Park...

Yes, there was snow but about two feet of the three feet plus of snow had melted and in the sun, it was cosy warm...that is if the wind wasn't howling.

I finally put some buttons on the cute little fabric boxes...

And after a couple false starts, I have some letters on the weaving. L, I and E. I will put the V in next but I had to remove the first one because it took up too much space.
Remember I decided to put Live Life Fully on the white part of the weaving. It will remind me of how to approach each day.

Speaking of days, are you familiar with Julia Cameron of The Artist's Way fame. I worked through that book several years ago and then again I tried it recently but it just didn't work for me. I saw this book in the Barnes and Noble Annex and am I happy I purchased it.

The book is It's Never Too Late to Begin Again: Discovering Creativity and Meaning at Midlife and Beyond by Julia Cameron. It's described as an Artist's Way Program for Retirees and Other Creative Souls. Many things are the same like Morning Pages, Artist's Date, etc. She has Walking every week rather than at the end and she has included a section on memories.

I began the twelve week program this morning. Of course, today is my day to spend with a group of great artists and that's always a boost to my creativity but I like what I read (including the tasks) in the first chapter.  I'll let you know how things go over the next twelve weeks.

Well, that's it for today...
Thanks for spending your time with me...
Talk with you tomorrow...