Thursday, March 15, 2018

WEAVING...


I decided that I needed a change of pace and took out my loom...

I don't have much left on this particular piece. I am replicating the bottom part of the weaving, under the beige area, at the top.

The needle that came with the weaving frame was only about five inches long, so I looked around for something that was longer. Lo and behold, there sat an old baton (the type used for directing bands and choirs). I tied one end of the yarn to the baton and it worked fine...

The white behind the baton is a piece of printer paper. I use it to cover the back set of threads which makes it easier to weave the front set.

The frame itself was just a square. I realized that I wanted to be able to set it up as I was weaving so I added two pieces of wood which can be adjusted to any stance or simply set next to the frame when not in use...

I found directions on YouTube to make a heddle to separate the warp threads both ways which will make it much easier and faster to weave. All I need is a two inch square piece of wood and a fine saw. I have the saw but will have to pick up the wood next time I'm out and about.

It's a bit windy out tonight...and cold. But the temperatures in the coming week are all in the 40's although they are predicting snow early next week.

Hope things are sunny and fine where you are...
Thanks for spending a few minutes with me...
I look forward to talk with you tomorrow...