Wednesday, March 21, 2018

SNOW, A NEW PROJECT FINISHED! & BREATHE


Aren't these beautiful...colorful, light, reminds one of spring?  Well, this is what it looks like here, right now...

This is the fourth Nor'easter this month. And the subways are having difficulty with lines skipping stations and some tracks closed...lots of fun.

So what did I do today? Well, I finished a project that I began yesterday!!!  I really like the 12" square format. And I can show as many pieces as I want. So I decided to try another applique. Tumbling teacups. Here's my original design...

Yes, if you look hard at the top cup, you will see a smiling face. I use scrap paper for designing and this one apparently had a smiley face on the other side!!!

So, I choose some beautiful, gold infused fabric that I have been saving (for what I do not know) and once again I trimmed the whole thing with gold trim. Here's what it looks like...

I had a hard time deciding on the background. I think I auditioned about a dozen different pieces. Everything from red velvet to a dusty pink broadcloth. I am not sure why, but this background spoke to me. The dark stripes are a bit shiny.

I found a sale on 12" square canvasses (12 for $18). As soon as they arrive, I will place this piece on one and show you the finished creation. On to the next one...

Do you enjoy reading lifestyle magazines? I do but not ones with so many ads. Well, I stumbled onto BREATHE And Make Time For Yourself. It deals with wellbeing, mindfulness, creativity and escaping. I take my time to read it front to back.

Of course, it's a UK magazine so it's a bit pricey ($12.99) but I really enjoy it and thought you might want to take a look next time your at a news stand or book store. (And No, I have no affiliation with this magazine.)

Hope it's warm and sunny where you are...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...