Monday, April 30, 2018

MONDAY - COLD & RAINY

I took the photo above on my way home today...what a big beautiful bunch of dandelions! So, I made to my artist's meeting and brought my 12 by 12 creations for the show...all six of them...thinking that we would choose a couple to include.  Nope! They want all six in! Did you read that, they want all six in. Well, that's nice and I look forward to seeing them.  Now I have to print out some labels.

The weather is really wild. Today I wore a sweatshirt, a fleece vest and my heavy Vikings jacket and I was still cold. It was windy, cold and rainy. And tomorrow it is supposed to be in the high seventies, Wednesday, high eighties and Thursday it could be in the nineties. The heat is not on in my apartment and I am sitting under an electric throw to warm up!!! Go figure!!!

I went up north again to fish. I hit a couple lakes...

Look at how clear the water is...

And the river...

Finally ending at another lake. This time there was some gentle rain but it left a beautiful gift...

Today, although it was dark and cold, there were flowers on Fifth Avenue. This was by the Flatiron Building...

And there are several big pots like this one as you approach Union Square...

And yes, there is lots of seating on half of the road.

Tomorrow my calendar is once again full but I hope to get in some more work on my fabric painting collage...third one.

So, tomorrow is the first day of May. Did any of you leave May Baskets full of flowers anonymously on friend's front doors? I remember doing that when I was a child. Quaint...but nice. I don't think anyone does that anymore.

Actually, there's a lot that folks no longer do anymore. I could feel sad about that, but things change, and I embrace the change. And you know what, in most cases, the change is good. Different, but good. Why good? Because it reaches folks today where they are.

And let's face it, the days of 'Mayberry' and 'Aunt Bea' were mythical anyway. Sure it was nice to look at the small town that was represented in the show, but I lived in a small town at that time, and it wasn't like that. Yes, it was slower than NYC, but does that make it better.

Quite frankly, I love the pace of NYC better...and yes, there are great folks in the city just like small towns...and there are not so great folks in the city just like small towns. So, it's whatever floats your boat.

That's all for today...have a great evening...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk with you tomorrow...