Monday, May 21, 2018

FALL? & PROJECT 365 SOMETHING CHALLENGE UPDATE

NOTE: If you are here to see the 2018 Teacup and Mug Exchange. 
Please click on the link on the side column.

This weekend was cold, dark and rainy. I stopped at one lake for an hour of fishing and this is what it looked like...dark and cloudy but the rain had stopped for a few moments...

Trying to stay up-to-date, here are last week's Project 365 Something challenge. I am still doing very quick sketches (by the way, I hear thunder right now!!!)

My challenge to myself is to draw something beginning to end within five minutes or less.

For some reason, fall has been on my mind. So first I decided to try some needle felting. Here's my first attempt...
This was done in a green felt background. No matter how much orange roving I added, it just was not reading orange, so I tried something a bit different...orange thread!
I free-motion stitched it with, what else, gold!
It still wasn't reading orange enough for me, so I began again, this time felting on a piece of orange felt. It wasn't working enough, so I added the orange thread and free-motion stitched with gold.
Both of these felted pieces are quite thick so I have decided to put them aside for a bit. I think I will probably cut them into leaf shapes and add them to something...just don't know what.

Well, I was still thinking fall, so I began to play with fall fabrics, including fringing them. After several hours, this is what I created...
As you can see, I am really into using fringed thread. I used it on the light color fabric, free-motion stitching with gold...

For the outer edge, I tried cutting the fringed thread and free-motion stitched after adding orange thread
The thread I used for the free-motion stitching and leaf patterns is really black although it looks like blue in the above photo.

I do like the finished creation which will be attached to a 12 by 12 inch canvass.

Can you believe that next weekend is Memorial Day Weekend? I can't believe how fast days are going...week and months also.

Hope you are enjoying your days, weeks and months...
Thanks for visiting my blog...
Talk with you tomorrow...