Monday, May 28, 2018

FISHING SPOTS & THE LATEST CREATIVE PROJECT

What a difference a day makes! The high yesterday was in the low 90's. The high today is in the low 60's.

So on Saturday we went fishing leaving late rather than early. There are several places to park next to the river but this is our favorite because of the walking bridge which you can see below between the trees.

Harriman Park has several lakes...seven on Seven Lakes Drive alone. These photos were taken at Silver Mine Lake. As you can see the lily pads are blooming...


A family of ducks came ashore to have a bite to eat...

Creatively, I worked on this piece...

I was simply playing around with the pieces, again fringing the edges and placing the fringed thread in the center. Quite frankly, these are not the colors I normally work with and to me it was uninspiring.

So, I added some hand embroidery and bead work. Here's what it looks like now...

A couple close ups with show the details better...


To mount the piece, I backed it with thin loft batting, folded the beige fabric (which the piece was attached to while working) to the back of the batting and securing with hand sewing.  I folded the piece back leaving the green fringe loose. I then added it to a large piece of rose fabric, again securing with hand sewing. 

This piece will be secured to the back of a flat canvas.  A side view explains my process.

All-in-all, I do like the piece after adding the handwork...

Hope everyone is enjoying and remembering on this Memorial Day...
Thanks for taking a few minutes to visit...
Talk with you tomorrow...