Monday, June 18, 2018

HEAT, NOT SO MUCH, WEEKEND ADVENTURES & LATEST CREATION


Today was supposed to be really hot...some schools closed...and it probably is quite hot in mid-town, but here in Brooklyn, it will make it into the 90's, but just. Anyway, I decided early this morning (around 6:30am) after talking to one of my sons who stopped by to pick up something that I would not venture into Manhattan to my artist's group. 

I probably could have gone with little problems other than subway misadventures but I am happy that I stayed home. I got the place straightened out and vacuumed (kitty litter), garbage out, dishes washed, bills paid, etc.

And then I worked on my flower piece. I have the flower tacked on to the background and so far I like what I see...

Lots of sewing left to do. I did not glue the flower on, by the way, which is a standard go to for me. And then after sewing, embellishments. First I have to decide whether to just do a lot of meandering or if I should statin stitch around the flower. Decisions, decisions...

This weekend the clouds had some wonderful formations...


The lake at which we were fishing had a family of ducks, five of them, traveling all around. They stopped to chomp on some grass right in front of me...


I have yet to turn on the ac but I do have fans in the windows. Summer time, I am happy for this apartment because it gets no direct sunlight. Yes, it is sunny, but the heat doesn't build up as fast. A lot of folks began using their acs a couple weeks ago.

Well, back to sewing...
Thanks for stopping in...
Talk to you tomorrow...