Wednesday, June 27, 2018

THE COURT & BEACH SCENE ALMOST FINISHED


As promised, the weather is beautiful again although cloudy and a bit humid. Not sure if I'm ready for tomorrow but it looks like I won't be home. Going house hunting once again...and again...and again.

So, in anticipation of hot weather, I cleaned the house, did the laundry, changed kitty litter, etc. Let me tell you, I am a wet noodle in hot weather. I just hope that the ac still works. I haven't used it yet this year!!!

Politically, things went from bad to worse. I remember when the Supreme Court was the court of last resort for justice...no more. It's obvious now with their recent rulings that it is a political court and with Kennedy retiring, it looks like we will have a drastically right leaning court for many years unless...unless the next Democratic President has the guts to put more justices on the court. There is no required number, only tradition. And since the GOP has basically destroyed most of the traditions I hope our liberal president will go for it.

Creatively, I have almost finished the beach scene. Remember this photo from yesterday...

So today I added some thread work like shells...

...and beach grasses...


...and birds...

I then quilted the piece cutting the back large enough to pull forward and create a frame...

All that's left is some handwork. I'm happy with this. Next I am going to make small versions, not exact copies but still beach scenes.

Thanks for stopping by today...
If you are in the area that will experience a heat wave, try and keep cool...
Talk with you tomorrow (if I get home in time!)...