Monday, July 2, 2018

BEAUTIFUL LAKE & SECOND BEACH SCENE CREATION


The heat wave is still on...a bit cooler today than yesterday but not cool enough for me to venture out to Manhattan to my artist's group. In this weather, I am a homebody.

Saturday was warm...well, it was downright hot in some areas...but when we arrived at the lake it was so still that it looked like a mirror...



It really was breathtakingly beautiful and still. All I heard were the birds greeting the morning sun.

So, this is where I left off on Friday with my latest beach scene...

Pinned and ready to quilt. And here it is after quilting by hand. I used the large stitch quilt method.

Here'a a close-up of both the front and back...


Once I finished quilting, I added a border...

Now all that's left is to add the embellishments...a few shells and some beach grasses, maybe a sailboat in the distance. This one is a bit larger than the first beach scene by an inch and a half all the way around.

Now on to the third beach scene which should be considerably smaller.  I may do the entire piece by hand.

I read a mystery novel this weekend which I found fun. It's called 'Books Can Be Deceiving: A Library Lover's Mystery' by Jenn McKinlay. Just the kind of summer reading that I enjoy.

Well, tomorrow is another house hunting day. I think there are three slated to be seen plus another four to drive by and take a look. Plus a couple rental homes. Hopefully something will pan out sooner rather than later.

I have ordered and collected boxes and packing stuff, so now the game is on to begin packing. No more putting it off.

Keep cool...
Thanks for dropping by...
Talk with you tomorrow...