Thursday, November 8, 2018

THE GLASS IS STILL HALF FULL FOR ME...

THE CATSKILLS

ANOTHER MASS SHOOTING!!! Are we ever going to really deal with the gun problem in our nation?  More to the point are we going to be able to deal with tribalism and hatred that have reared their ugly heads?  Does it always have to be us against them?  Can we find no middle ground?  

I have always been a glass half full person and so I still maintain hope in humanity. I guess it's just going to take longer for all our tribes to realize they are all one race - the human one - and not a collection of separate groups.

* * * * * * * * * *
I took the picture above last weekend when I drove up to the Catskills which are only about an hour and a half away.  It really was very beautiful. I have to say, though, that it is beautiful right here around Cornwall. 

Every morning, very early, like at 6:15am, I drive my son to the bus stop to catch the bus to New York City. The drive is through the hills and the yellow leaves which look like gold in the sunlight line both sides imparting an air of magic.

I think this is a picture of bittersweet...
...but I may be wrong.  I remember a friend in Minnesota who found a prized patch of bittersweet. She happily shared the bittersweet, but would not tell anyone where it grew!

* * * * * * * * * *
I think I have finished settling my bedroom. I had to purchase some wood to make shelves.  A good thing I still have my saw.  I also kind of finished a closet (it really was a tiny little enclosure that had several holes and a big forced air return.)  

I wanted to use it for storage but not in the condition it was in. The landlord had a partial sheet of sheetrock in the garage so I used it to cover up all the openings. It was kind of tricky as I had to put the top piece in at an angle.  

I decided not to take the time to tape it but I did paint it with some leftover paint...no cost for me!  It is now finished and I am using it for my summer clothes and other boxes which I need to sort. You know those few boxes that one carries with them from place to place but never really looks at!!!  Well, I sorted two today and 80% of the contents are going to be donated.

That's all for today. I have to say that it's good to get back to a regular routine...
Thanks for stopping by...
Talk with you tomorrow...