Wednesday, March 27, 2019

ARTICLE IDEAS


One of my journal activities today (from Start Where You Are) was to take eight really deep breaths, inhaling and exhaling fully. I thought, why not...so I did it.  Guess what, it really made a difference.  No difference for the first couple of breaths but by the end of the eighth I was relaxed and ready to go.  Give it a try, you may find it helpful...

Journal Prompts, do you ever need one?  There are times when I begin writing in my journal or my morning pages that I have a problem figuring out what to write.  I ran across an article talking about random word generators.  I didn't even know that they existed.  The one I found lets you choose what type of word you want:  Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives, Etc.  It's an excellent way to come up with journal prompts.  If you're stumped, give it a try...

Another idea I just read about was to use the letters of your name to come up with words that describe you.  Or words that have meaning.  I played around with my name and came up with this.

G - gathering; R - reaching; E - exploring; T - teaching; C - changing; H - helping; E - enjoying; N - nurturing. 

First, I wanted to choose verbs rather than nouns.  Action as opposed to things.  It was a fun experience.  And also eye-opening.  I choose the first words that came to mind...although it did take a bit of time with the letter 'n'.  The rest came quickly. 

When it gets right down to it, the words, if you choose the ones that come to mind quickly, describe who you are.  OR, who you want to be.  You have to be the judge on that one.  Take a few minutes and try it.  It's fun, if nothing else.

Well, that's all for today...
Thanks for checking out the ideas...
See you tomorrow...

PS:  Several folks emailed me about my latest post.  I will be getting back to all of you but it may take a bit of time.