Tuesday, May 28, 2019

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

I hope everyone had a warm and wonderful Memorial Day Weekend.  It was both a productive time and a time to relax for me.

First, for the relaxing time.  All three of us went fishing.  It was a beautiful day, sunny, but not too hot and no bugs.  This was the view where I fished...



And the fish were biting...just not for me.  :(

For the productive time, I completely finished the cat picture including quilting, the binding and a pocket to insert a rod for hanging...



And I am all ready for the June Fun With Fabric Focus Workshop which is about Modern Art Collage.  I created two small examples as well as downloaded a ton of photos for participants to check out before creating their own. 

The examples look a bit strange because I ran them through a laminator so that they hold together when the participants handle them.

All in all, a very good weekend.

And here's my Haiku...
Memories last in
My mind and heart thankfully
Sharing past laughters

Today was cold and rainy...with lots and lots of rain...and more scheduled for the next three days!  I picked up fabric to bind the Southwest Quilt which I hope to finish tomorrow. 

Then the last project I need to finish for the next guild meeting is the Holiday Information Display which includes designing and reproducing new patterns for holiday stockings (with drawstrings), drawstring bag and stuffed animals. 

That's it for today...
Thanks for stopping by...
See you tomorrow...