Monday, June 3, 2019

STUDIO REDO...

I love this picture.  I remember taking it out in the Park City, Utah area.  Those are the Wasatch Range Mountains in the background. 

So this weekend I decided to redo my studio because it just wasn't working for me.  So far I have gotten rid of several bags of fabric - all donated - that I know I will never use.  But that left me with plenty of fabric to create with.  I still have two more piles to sort through but this is what my fabric looks like so far...

I switched my computer station with my sewing area.  I actually removed the table that the computer was on because it was never stable.  But now I can look outside when I sew...and more light is better for these old eyes!  Yes, that's SnowWhite in the window...

I also put up a small design wall to work with...yes, it is above the kitty litter but that was the easiest place so far.  I do have another wall for a larger design wall which I will add as I redo my studio.

And here's my computer station...

I use the tall table on the right side for fabric cutting and ironing.  It's the perfect height for the rolling carts which contain my pencils, markers, paint, and journaling supplies. 

There's another table to the left which will be completely clear except for current projects.  I'll show that tomorrow after I finish.  Once the fabric is done, then I will begin tackling the shelves which are in a bit of a mess.  Again, another big purge I hope.  There's a lot of 'stuff' that I no longer use. 

The temperatures were nice today and it was sunny for the most part.  I did get all the windows opened and cleaned (Well, as clean as these old windows allow.) in the living room and hallway.

I hope to acquire dirt next weekend for my garden.  And I will be picking up plants...a bit late I know, but better late than never.

That's all for today...
Off to fill up my cup of coffee...
See you tomorrow...