Thursday, May 30, 2019

FUNNY STORY...

Thistle flowers are really beautiful, aren't they?

So, want to hear a funny story?  Well, it's not really funny but it seems to be typical lately for me. Yesterday I told you that I needed to work on the Holiday Charity Information Table for the next guild meeting. 

Well, I couldn't find my information...basically the original stuffed animal and stocking patterns.  I literally tore my studio apart...checking everything on the shelves, taking out fabric to see if I misplaced it there.  I think I looked altogether for five hours to no avail.

Well, this morning, after a late start because I stayed up so late looking, I began writing my morning page.  If you remember, I keep a Daily To Do list on my clipboard.  I keep track of what I eat, and special projects, etc.  I take yesterday's Daily To Do list and write my morning page on the back.

Well, when I took off the list sheet to write my morning page, I realized that I was out so I sent the original file to the printer to print additional lists.  When I looked down at my clipboard, there were all the patterns for the stuffed animals and stockings. 

Right there!  Right in front of me!  And my studio is a mess with fabric on the floor, boxes opened on teetering on top of fabric piles...well, you get the picture.  It will take me hours to put the studio back together.

But I did find the information I needed.  So I have duplicated the stuffed animal patterns and have begun making samples.

The stockings needed redesign.  One of the things we realized that children need was a way to close the top of the stockings.  Drawstrings seemed like the least expensive way to go so I designed an easy pattern where the top cuff is the same as the rest of the stocking.  Here's a picture of the top of the stocking...
And here it is with the strings drawn...

So, I should finish this project by tomorrow...hopefully.  My studio, that may take a couple days to put back together.

Today's ATC...

And today's Haiku...
Learning from your past
May lead to brighter future
Pathways of beauty.

Thanks for stopping by...
See you tomorrow...
Friday?  Already?