Monday, July 22, 2019

HEAT WAVE AND THUNDER STORMS...

Did you experience the three day heat wave? I did and it was very, very hot and humid.  After one day in which we only had two small room air conditioners in two of the bedrooms, we went out and bought two more.  One for my studio and one for the living area.  And it made the heat wave bearable!!!

But what was really neat is that on the last two days of the heat wave we binge watched a Netflix series, Stranger Things.  If you have never seen this series, there are three years available.  All it will take is watching the first episode, and you will be hooked.

Today, after cleaning up the house, cooking and taking one son to therapy,  the storms hit with rain, wind and lots of thunder and lightening leaving intermittent internet service.  Things have calmed down and the internet is available so I am finally able to post today's blog.

I was hoping to get some planting done on the circular garden but with the rain, well, that was out of the question.  So it's still covered with cardboard...
With rain forecast for all day tomorrow, guess I won't be able to get out and work in it again.  It may have to wait for the fall!!

So, I am better and the shingles episode is at it end.  But, isn't there always a but, I now have a case of poison ivy...apparently I grabbed a handful when I weeded the circular garden.  Yes, there were weeds growing through the cracks in the cardboard covering.  Ah...life in the summer.

So, tomorrow, I will be working on things for the guild, SnowWhite and checking out the wardrobe for my trip which begins a week from tomorrow...wow.! Where is the summer going???

I hope all of you made it through the heat wave safely...
And I hope you are all able to enjoy some cooler weather...
See you tomorrow...