Tuesday, July 23, 2019

A Folded Fabric Flower Block


I spent the majority of today working on guild 'stuff'.  I especially worked on another sample for the Fun with Fabric Focus Group...another flower.

This time I began with a small circle...
Which I made into a yo-yo by stitching around the edge and pulling the thread...
tight, securing it.  I  turned over the yo-yo...
And took a small square, folding it in half and pinning it to the fabric partially covering the yo-yo. Once sewn down, I added a second square folded in half as shown...
And I continued to add squares folded in half...
Until the circle was complete tucking the last piece under the first piece.  Once the first circle was completed and sewn down...
I added another round of folded squares.  When finished I added...
Strips around the center folded flower.  And finally I added triangles to each edge...
To turn the block on point.

The entire block was hand sewn.  Now I have two samples for folded flower blocks.  This one turned out much better than the previous block.  I have one more sample to make and I'm not sure how easy this one will be.  Stay tuned...

That's all for today...
Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...