Thursday, July 25, 2019

ANOTHER FABRIC FLOWER...


Yesterday...well, I spent the day listening to the Mueller Hearings.  True, he wasn't a dynamic speaker and he did stay within the 'four walls of his report', as well as adhering to the letter from the Justice Department. 

However, what he had to say about the president's guilt and the ability to prosecute the president after he leaves office was significant.  When it came to Russia, he spoke with more authority about Russia interfering with our elections then and now.  And what did the leader of the senate do?  He stopped two bills pertaining to  our voter protection from coming to the floor for a vote!!!

I do have another fabric flower sample.  I started with a background piece and the same size piece for the flower which I cut into a circle.
I then stitched around the edges of the circle making a yo-yo.
I gathered the edges into a loose circle (see above) and secured the thread.
Next I turned the yo-yo over and secure it's center to the center of the background fabric using two stitches and then tied off the thread in the back.
To develop the 'flower' I took several stitches around the edge and in the body of the fabric to create the above effect.
The 'flower' can be embellished with beads, or contrasting colored embroidery thread, etc.

Here's another example...


These are really easy to make and the results are lovely.  That makes two folded fabric flowers so far for the my workshop. I need to find one more.

The day is quite beautiful, sunny, temperature in the low 80's and a light breeze.  My type of weather. I hope to get some outside work done but the poison ivy is still active so I may stay on the safe side and wait until I get back before tackling everything.  If it's not one thing, it's another.

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...
Wow, it's going to be Friday tomorrow...
Another week flying by...