Wednesday, October 23, 2019

CREATING WITH A BIT OF ABANDONMENT...

Magic Moments In
Life Happen Quickly Be Sure
To Cherish Them All


My prompt for today produced an interesting effect and I was wondering if anyone else had the same reaction.  The prompt was to think of a day when everything went right and then write how I felt.  Well, the exact opposite wound up crowding out my thoughts.  In other words, all I could think of were things that went wrong!!!  Not right!!!  

How did I feel about that?  Not happy to say the least.  I kept thinking about how unfair that Midwest Work Ethic was...couldn't even think about positive things!  No, I realize that was not the reason but the prompt, in the end, led to quite a bit of in depth writing and soul searching.  So, all-in-all, it was successful.

So, what did I do with the rest of my day?  I created...with a bit of abandonment but still with some purpose.

First, the trees that I am crocheting for the Holiday Party...

They're nice but plain.  I had a ton of  crocheted snowflakes left over from a previous party so I thought that the two would go together nicely.  I was going to sew them on but that didn't work too well...way too much time, so I glued them on with hot glue.  The bonus was that the trees are much stiffer...

The The snowflakes really perked up the tree a lot.  Then I played with smaller snowpeople and came up with these two designs..

I like the top one better.  It also takes less time.  As I said they are smaller than my original one.  And no, I forgot to take pictures, but I didn't like adding a face.  Here's a snowperson with a snowflake tree...
These will sit on a round circle of fluffy white fur fabric with small candy canes  (in wrappers) scattered around.  

We had a lot of sun today so a lot of the leaves on the patio dried off enough for me to sweep them away.  No rain until the weekend.  That will be nice...the dark skies were getting a bit much.

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...

TOMORROW'S PROMPT
When you look at yourself,
who do you see?  Is it someone
you would like to be friends
with?  Why?