Tuesday, October 1, 2019

FOCUS WORKSHOPS


I always enjoy this garden center/farmer's market outdoor display of Halloween items along with their flowers and vegetables.

Hot day today...well, not real hot but it is October 1 AND the temperature is 83.  Tomorrow we could see 90.  Then several days of low sixties and rain which we could use.

So I was trying to find something for the November Focus Workshop.  I usually do something that can be used as a holiday gift.  I came up with a tea mug sleeve and rug.  Here's what I was thinking about...



It's all hand made (don't check the stitches...they're not very good).  The workshop will include how to design a sleeve for the mug the participants bring in as well as making it.  The 'rug' can either be square or a circle. 

It's an inexpensive gift really.  Pick up a stray mug from Goodwill, tag sales, Dollar Store or their own cabinet.  Make a coordinated sleeve and rug.  Add a tea bag and it becomes a thoughtful gift for tea drinkers.  Coffee drinkers, add a coffee bag (yes, they are a thing) or a sample size of coffee.

The amount of fabric and low loft batting is so small that most folks will have that amount in their scrap bag.  I used super sticky velcro dots to fasten, again not expensive. 

Now that I have that workshop taken care of, I need to work on October's workshop which will be about fabric postcards...

I don't know about you, but all I can do is shake my head about the corruption in this administration. It is totally unbelievable.  I hope the nation is up to the challenge because if we don't do something, we just may lose this experiment in self-governing.

Have a relaxing evening...
See you tomorrow...