Friday, December 20, 2019

BAKING DAY THREE...

Baking Cookies At
Holiday Time Satisfies
Your Creative Muse


It's already Friday!  My goodness, Christmas is a few short days from now!  Thankfully things are mostly ready at my house...how about your's?

I baked three more batches cookies and another batch of tea bread.  This time it was another recipe of Banana Nut Bread.  I also tried to make a batch of pralines but I could not find my candy thermometer so I guessed at the soft boil stage - overshot it by a mile.  It crumbles so it will be good over ice cream.

I think I will go out tomorrow and pick up a candy thermometer and try another batch along with a  date nut candy roll...something one of my aunts used to make at Christmas time.  The other aunt made caramels, wrapping each individually in wax paper.  Both of those Christmas treats were wonderful.

There is ice still on SnowWhite so if I go out tomorrow I will have to melt the ice first.  But the weather is going to get warmer over the next couple of days - all the way to 50 degrees and beyond.
At least the ice will be gone.

Today's prompt about getting tense or angry just hasn't happened to me for a long time now.  I guess that's one of the benefits of retirement.  I can fill up my time with what I want to do, not what I have to do.  

But, I do remember times when I had to count to ten and breathe very deeply so I wouldn't explode.  And I have found that writing things down in my journal, or even on paper that I destroy immediately afterwards, does relieve any stress I may be experiencing.  You know, when the bills get the better of you, or everything seems to go wrong.  

I may or may not be blogging next week.  If not, I wish all of you a wonder-filled, joyful, relaxing, heart warming with family and friends Holiday Season and a very Merry Christmas.

Talk with you sometime soon...