Thursday, January 2, 2020

HOPE AND PRESENCE


I was telling a friend a couple days ago that I am ready for spring and it isn't even January...well, it wasn't at the time.  I wonder how I will react to the next snow storm because, believe me, there will be one sooner or later!!!

So, yesterday, I watched the Rose Parade.  I love the theme for this year: The Power of Hope.  Isn't that a fantastic theme to hold on to during these troubled times.  The Power of Hope!  Because there is power in that statement.  Doctors will tell you that many patients hold on to that mantra and many become well surprising everyone including the doctors.

The Power of Hope for a better tomorrow...heck, for a better today.  I think I will adopt that for my morning mantra.  Because that hope will lead to action.  And action will lead to getting things done.  Things I want to do.  Things I have to do.  And things I hope to do. 

A circle!  The Power of Hope with lead to things I hope to do.

As you have probably noticed, I have changed my word for the year.  For 2020 my word is PRESENCE.  I have always understood that life is only lived now...this very minute...this very second.  Not a month or a year or even a few minutes ago when I typed that the past sentence, but now.

I don't know about you, but I find myself concentrating on either the past or the future but forget that all I really have is now.  The deaths of two friends last month brought that home to me.  Yes, we can't forget about the concerns about the future, nor the continuing troubles that began in the past.  But, and it's a big BUT, we only live in the present, this moment. 

So, my word is to remind me to live in the now...in the present.  And to be attentive to that present of presence.

Well, that's all for today...
Talk with you tomorrow...