Friday, January 3, 2020

NEED, WANT, HOPE


I was rereading yesterday's post in my mind this morning and three short phrases stuck in my mind.  'Things I need to do.  Things I want to do.  Things I hope to do.'  I love that short 'mantra'.  I might even shorten it to 'need to do,  want to do,  hope to do'.

Now that I think of it, that's the way I set up my daily 'to-do' list.  Things that have to be done first followed by things I want to do.  What's missing are the things I hope to do.

And now that I really think about it, those 'need to do items' aren't always that important.  Most of the times it's things like cleaning the litter box, cleaning the common areas of the house.  Now, if it were 'pay bills' that would definitely be a need.  Maybe I need to rethink my 'need to do list'.

There's only one bowl game today!!!  But I have two wildcard NFL games on Saturday and two on Sunday.  My Vikings play on Sunday.  Being a true fan, I don't expect that they will win but there's always hope!!!

Today I managed to cut, sew and fringe the edges of 24 twelve inch square canvas backgrounds for the Focus Workshop.  I am going to do a workshop on fabric confetti and yes, that is a thing.  Google it for pictures.

I am also cutting enough 2" square pieces of fabric for 100 nine patches.  I have forty done so far.  This is for an emergency program for the guild...just in case a speaker can't make it at the last minute.  I want to make sure that there is something to do.

I did get back to my morning routine, but I haven't gotten back to my exercise.  Guess I will introduce that back into my daily routine next Monday.

So what about you?  Have you gotten back into a more regular routine yet, after the holidays?  I still have the Christmas Decorations up, including the tree.  But, I think that for the first time in a long time, I will begin to take things down earlier than usual...make that next week.

Well, that's all for today...
Be sure to spend some time on yourself this weekend...
Talk with you on Monday...