Thursday, February 6, 2020

JOURNAL BOOK & QUILTING MEDITATIVE SQUARES...


I am beginning to create a book from the January Art Journal blog event.  The original pages were 81/2 by 11 inch card stock weight paper folded in half.  So I used cord to connect the pages


When stringing the pages together I added two blank folded pages - one at the beginning and one at the end.  Once the pages were together,  I glued the plain cover to blank pages using ModPodge.  Here's what it looks like so far...


Once the glue has completely dried, I want to work on a cover.  At this point, I am thinking about a collage using fabric.

I completed a couple more meditation squares which I can use as examples for this Saturday's Focus Workshop...


I have been busy sorting out the donations.  We were given lots of fat quarters and then with the scraps, I was able to almost double that amount.  Next the bolts...

I woke up to ice all over the trees.  The ground wasn't too bad but there was some black ice in some places.  The ice melted during the day but now there is so much fog that it's hard to see my neighbors. Going to be an interesting evening commute...

Talk with you tomorrow...