Wednesday, February 12, 2020

LARGE PROJECT BEGUN...FINALLY...


What an absolutely beautiful day today.  Partly sunny, warm, no breeze.  Just gorgeous!  Makes one wish that spring will be here soon.

So yesterday was spent on guild activities well into the evening - putting out more than one fire.  I sometimes think that problems just line up in a queue for the fun of it.  But at least one item has been resolved satisfactory.  Another one is on the way to be taken care of, happily.

So today I decided to begin work on another project.  This one is a long term project.  I want to create a fabric picture hand sewn, using raw edge applique with a ton of fussy cut flowers.  The blank canvas is kind of daunting...


I am beginning with the sky...

No, I am not leaving this plain.  I auditioned several pieces.  So far I decided to begin with this...

The bottom strip is almost completely hand sewn on using the blanket stitch.  It has taken several hours to get this far.  I am going to add other pieces to the sky before I begin with the ground.  And I have decided to put in an old fashioned house with a big porch.  After all of that is on, then will come a riot of colorful fussy cut flowers.  As I said, this is going to be a long project...

Well, New Hampshire Primary is done but the situation at Justice has been on the forefront today.  Sometimes I wonder where I live...this isn't the democracy I once knew.  If the president interferes with the Justice Department,  well, all bets are off.  November can't come soon enough...

Talk with you tomorrow...