Thursday, February 13, 2020

APPLIQUE PROJECT CONTINUING & QUESTION ON DECISIONS


Well, as beautiful as yesterday was, today is, shall I say, not quite the same.  It is cloudy, cold and rainy.  At least it isn't snowy.

I am continuing to work on my project.  Here's what the sky looks like...

I know that I am going to add to the sky but I wanted to figure out the farm house first.  The project is large for me.  It's about 36 inches wide and 40 inches deep.  Here's my drawing for the farm house...

I wanted a porch and a two story home with an attic.  My plans are to put this a little right of center and than add a ton of flowered bushes and maybe a tree or two.  But the main object is a place for the fussy cut appliqued flowers.

On another note, Stephen Covey once said, 'I am not a product of my circumstances.  I am a product of my decisions.'  Sometimes I wonder about my choices.  Do you ever wonder about yours?  I still seem to be in 'January Mode', just letting things happen rather than making choices.

Yes, I am getting my work done (and there is plenty to do) but I don't seem to go beyond that.  Have you ever found yourself just doing what needs to be done and stopping there?  I've even let go of my morning routine lately.

Maybe as one gets older the 'January Mode' slips into February!  I am not sure but something has to change. 

Of course, it could be that no one in the household is feeling really healthy.  I think we are all run down.  Maybe the weather has contributed..hot, cold, rain, snow, repeat. 

As a matter of fact, one son has been fighting a cold all week and today stayed home.  And the other son came home early today. 

Well, maybe things will change...maybe I just need more sun...

Talk with you tomorrow...