Friday, February 14, 2020

NO ELECTRICITY - MORE WORK DONE ON CURRENT FABRIC PROJECT...


Well, today was an interesting one.  We lost power for most of the day.  The house was getting a bit cold by the time the electricity was back on after 5pm.  And the outage area was large...both sides of the river (that's the Hudson River), almost up to Albany (which is a long, long way) and quite far into the west.   Like I said large.

So, I read a bit and finished up the background of the hand sewn raw edge applique piece that I am working on.  Remember, this is what it was yesterday...

I added some clouds...

Then I begin adding the ground...

And a second ground...

And a third ground...

I thought about leaving it here, but I didn't like the pattern although I did like the color.  So I added one more ground...

Remember, the electricity was down so I could not iron the last piece but I did like it.  The pattern will not be that visible once the house, trees and flowers are added.

Well, I finished hand sewing all the additions to the background and this is what it looks like.  We finally got power so I was able to iron it...

A very productive day if I say so myself. 

The weekend is upon us.  I plan on trying to rearrange my studio to make room for the 110 bolts plus all the other donations that I am storing for the guild.

But, I will be working on the farmhouse.  Now that the background is finished, I am also looking forward to the fun of fussy cutting out the flowers.

I hope you have something great to do.
Happy Valentine...
Talk with you on Monday.