Wednesday, April 22, 2020

REMEMBERING QUILT TECHNIQUES

Another cold, rainy, cloudy, windy day here on the homestead.  Didn't even make it out of the 40's today.  Not a great day to do any work outside.  Next two days look the same but then the weekend looks like we are back in the 60's.  But rain is called for six days out of nine.  I can't wait to sit outside and drink my morning coffee in the sunlight...will it ever come? 

So today I spent most of the time finishing up the mini-newsletter as well as some cleaning and sorting.  I still need to find or write one more article and the deadline is tomorrow morning.  Any ideas?  I haven't a clue right now.

One of the articles I did write was about fast or unique quilt blocks.  Fold and Sew, Magic Square, Stack and Whack and Magic 8 Half Square Triangles.  If you're a quilter you have some acquaintance with these terms.  If not, check them out on YouTube.

But, remembering all these techniques made me want to try them out once again, especially the Stack and Whack.  I think I will revisit this technique if not tomorrow, then Friday.  Tomorrow I need to clean the house - cat hair with four active cats can really mount up, folks.  Sometimes I think it's a losing battle.

And the kitchen needs to be clean and straight for a virtual class for the internet.  Going to be interesting to see how it is filmed for the students.  By the way, it's for a school class - one of my sons is a culinary arts teacher!

And I do have a Skype Meeting in the afternoon...oh, that reminds me that I have to read up for the discussion!

Well, that's all for tonight.  Oh, by the way, have you every seen Joh Townsend videos on YouTube.  I started watching his cooking shows about cooking in the 1600's and 1700's.  I am now watching him build a primitive cabin.  Really interesting stuff...check it out.

Keep safe and stay well...
Talk with you tomorrow...