Wednesday, May 13, 2020

LIFE IN THESE TIMES...

These flowers look so perfect that they don't look real...but they are.

I was talking to someone today about how they were doing during this 'Stay at Home' reaction to the pandemic and something they said echoed with how I was feeling.  Nothing really wrong...but nothing really fully right and energized either.

A lot of folks are suffering from mental distress during this time.  Financial stress.  Insecurities.  Routines totally disrupted. 

I realize that one thing that bothers me is that I really have no set routine.  When both boys left to go to work, I had a routine that allowed some alone time, some out and about time with others, regular time for exercise, paying bills, feeding the kitties, etc.

I know, intellectually, that I should be able to continue with my routine but for some reason, I don't seem to be able to.  It's wild really.  I am at a loss completely.  Why can't I follow my routine? 

Apparently this is a common complaint.  Folks just can't seem to settle into any type of routine even if it is possible for them to do so.   That's one of the consequences of this pandemic.  I think part of it is that we feel this is temporary and don't want to settle into something that will be disrupted once again when things are over.

But I think that the real reason is that no one knows how this is going to end.  Here in New York, we are on the downside of the pandemic and then, when we begin to breath a sigh of relief, another factor in the virus rears it's ugly head...this time with children.

I just think that our inability to know how this will work out in the end weighs heavily on all of us.  Our new norm probably will not be like our old norm.  But what the new norm is like is anyone's guess.  All we can do is wait and watch to see how it all turns out.  Kind of fascinating, though, isn't it?

That's all for now...
Talk with you tomorrow...