Tuesday, May 5, 2020

PLAYING WITH POWDERED ADHESIVE...

Today was cooler than the weekend but sunny for the most part.  Rain is forecast tomorrow with cooler temperatures.  Someday it will warm up and stay that way. 

I was outside a bit today looking at the yard.  Now that the yard has been mowed, I need to pull out the weed whacker and trim but I was way too busy today.  As I was walking around, I realized that I'm not sure if I will plant a garden this year. 

Maybe flowers but not vegetables.  Sad.  But that would require going out to pick up the plants and I am still a bit leery of  of doing that...so I just may have to stay with a couple flats of flowers.  We'll see, I have a few weeks before I need to make the decision.

So today I decided to play with powdered adhesive.  I use Bo-Nash Fuse II Powder (And I have no affiliation with this product.)  It's simply sprinkled on the background.  If needed, use your finger to move it to the area you want covered...

Then, using scraps (organized in color waves) which I have cut even smaller with a rotary cutter and mat, I place them where I want, place the silicone mat over it and iron.  It's a great way to use scraps...


I wanted to try using quarter to half inch size pieces...

I liked the results so I decided to try and create a circle with different shades of scraps...

And this is how it turned out.  I think I will add the smaller pieces around the creation in shades of blue tomorrow.

That's all for this evening...
Talk with you tomorrow...