Friday, June 26, 2020

TRI-FOLD CASE TO HOLD HAND SEWING ITEMS

I wanted to make a fabric tri-fold case to put some hand sewing in for my upcoming trip.  I was surprised that there are very few cases like this on YouTube...unless I just haven't found the right combination of words.  I only found two.  Anyway, neither of them were what I wanted so I made my own. 

First I made sure that my things would fit...

I didn't have any interfacing, and as this was a canvas type fabric, I used three layers. 

Here's what it looks like after I finished...closed, one side open,  completely open with cover down



Close-up of pockets...


Pockets completely filled with cover up, then with cover down...


Side view of bottom of closed case...

Side view of top with cover down (to keep things in the pocket) of closed case...

I like the way this turned out...

Have a great weekend. 
Going to be a rainy one around here.
Talk with you on Monday.