Monday, August 24, 2020

A BED OF ROSES...

 

I decided that I would not spend any time of guild work this weekend but, of course, I did.  Just a different type of guild work.  We have three challenges right now and I decided to create one of them...this one...

The challenge is a play on words.  I am sure you can figure out what this one is...'A Bed of Roses'!  

It's raw edge free cut applique plus some fussy cutting for the flowers.  Once the design was what I wanted, I appliqued first the bed with pillows and dust ruffle using black three strand embroidery thread.  here's a close-up...

I then appliqued the flowers on using a gold thread which wasn't very amenable to appliquing small pieces.  Here's a close-up...

I was going to quilt it with a meandering stitch but decided instead to outline the bed first and then send stitched out from there resembling rays.  It focused the attention on the bed.  All I have left to do is the binding which I hope to get to this week.

So that was my non-guild, fun weekend.  Oh, and I finally got the estimate to fix SnowWhite.  A pretty penny but less than I had prepared myself for...$2300!!!  Ah the joys of owning a truck!!!

That's all today, folks...

Talk with you tomorrow...