Thursday, October 15, 2020

FAMILY VISIT...

Short post tonight.  My daughter and grandson arrived early afternoon.  It was a beautiful day...sunny and warm (mid 70's). 

I made dinner - two chickens (Well, there were basically five adults.) - enough mashed potatoes to feed a small nation and green beans like my husband's mother used to make them.  

Using either home canned or store bought, she would empty two cans of green beans and one small can of crushed tomatoes into large sauce pan, add a couple teaspoons of shortening and one strip of raw bacon cut into tiny slivers.  This would sit on the stove on simmer for hours.  It's a southern thing, but boy do I love the results.

I missed both debates so have no idea how things went...guess I will catch the news tomorrow morning.

My daughter is cooking tomorrow...a meal of curry and all the side dishes.  Sounds good to me, but anytime I don't have to cook is always a winner.

That's all for tonight...

Talk with you tomorrow...