Thursday, October 29, 2020

THINGS SURE ARE A'CHANGING...

Halloween is almost upon us...two days away...do you know where your children are going to celebrate?

Reminds me of a radio question that I heard in Minnesota at 10pm - It's ten O'Clock, do you know where your children are?  Talk about a blast from the past!

Course, now with the pandemic, I guess most all of us know where our children are - with us!

Back to Halloween, I have seen some really unique ideas like Trick or Treat Trunks.  For instance, several folks are loading up the trunks of their cars with individually wrapped Halloween bags; park at a designated place with dozens and dozens of cars and let kids come to safely distance themselves from other kids and those with treats and go trick or treating to the car trunks.

Another idea was to stay at the house but have a long plastic pipe to send the treats down for individual kids, or put the tubs of candy at the end of the sidewalk where you could monitor how much the kids take. 

I have to say that I have seen more Halloween decorations put up on the local yards this year.  But there is much less 'Halloween stuff' for sale in stores.  And speaking of sales, I have seen articles about how much fewer gifts will be exchanged in December.  

Things are a changing, that's for sure.  And now they are talking about things getting back to some semblance of normal not in 2021 but not until 2022.  I wonder if that will even be long enough...and then I wonder what 'normal' will be like at that time.

And then you have those folks who do not believe in the pandemic...like the 220,000 plus folks are just hiding out and will come out November 4th, right!

About all I can say is that there hasn't been, nor is, a dull moment...

Talk with you tomorrow...