Friday, October 30, 2020

OUR FIRST SNOWFALL!

Our first snow.  This was taken at the beginning.  We wound up with about an inch and a half.  Lots of giant flakes!  It was beautiful but a little early for me.  But, the snow didn't last all day.  With the exception of a few places, most of it has melted.

I decided to make dinner today...meatloaf (I didn't have time to make the meatballs.)  And then I made Spanish Rice in the rice cooker.  Guess what?  It turned out great.  I used a recipe from online that called for chopped onions, chopped green peppers, minced garlic, mushrooms, black olives, salsa, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, stock, chili seasoning, cumin and, of course, uncooked rice.  I put it all together in the rice cooker, set it for the white rice setting.  I did wind up adding some more juice when it was done.  I left the cooker on warm for a couple hours.  It was delicious!  To be honest, I didn't think I could use the rice cooker for anything other than cooking rice.  Think I will try other recipes now.

Well, if you haven't voted, please do.  And if you have an absentee ballot, DO NOT MAIL IT!  Bring it to the voting place or put it in one of the official ballon boxes.

Tuesday can't come soon enough for me, how about you?

Enjoy your weekend!

Talk to you on Monday...