Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Another One of those String of Pearls...

Well, I have to tell you that I wound up quilting in-the-ditch on the tulip project.  I was going to do a meandering stitch but I wanted to make sure that the fabric was anchored first so I basically quilted the blocks.  Once it was done, I really thought that the tulips stood out much more.  I think a meandering quilting stitch would have taken away from them.  So, I decided not to.  And the finished piece looks beautiful.

I went out today to pick up some styrofoam eggs.  If you are a quilter, you know what prairie points are.  I found a beautiful egg on YouTube made with prairie points...not like a pine cone.  The difference is that all the points are pinned down.  I wanted to make one for spring and for the guild newsletter.

Guess tomorrow I will be working on that particular project along with working on a new fabric/paper journal.

I have been decluttering my fabric stash.  Now that I have a place to give my fabric, I am getting rid of about 60%.  A lot of the fabric is older but still good.  Also, nothing that I am inclined to use at this point.  Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of the pieces but I know that I will never use them so why not share them with folks who really will use them.  At any rate, I have been doing one square at a time (my fabric is in a wire shelf of one cubic foot squares.) and I am about half way done.  

So, did you keep or add something for this spring season?  I hope you added something of importance to you, even if it is only adding time for yourself to think or read or rest.

See you tomorrow...