Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Prairie Point Easter Egg

The temperatures were kind of low last night and early morning but it did get up to 40's.  Not very sunny though.  

This photo was taken a couple years ago in the spring in the south...Fairhope, Alabama to be exact.  I love the tight petals.

So, I have begun the next project for the guild newsletter...a prairie point Easter Egg.  First I choose three fabrics and cut out a ton of pieces 2" by 3"...


I picked up a styrofoam egg yesterday.  This egg is a 6 inch regular styrofoam egg, not the compact type, but it seems to work really well without gluing the pins.  And for pins, I am using the sequin pins which are much shorter than regular pins.

And these are photos of the egg so far...



The difference in color is lighting...it is more pink like the top picture.  Tomorrow I will show you how to make and apply the prairie points.  No sewing nor gluing.  But lots and lots of pins.

That's all for now...

See you tomorrow...