Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Thinking Ahead!

Chalk Pyramids in Kansas

It was a hot day when I visited this area and very, very dusty.  The interesting thing is the number of birds that made their homes in these formations.

So yesterday got away from me and by the time I realized that I hadn't blogged, they had already called the California Recall Vote for Governor Newsom.

Oh, and in the last post, I spoke too soon...we did have rain that night!  And now we are looking at a couple days of rain as Nicholas makes it's way north.  I am not sure if we can handle much more...I know that the Golf Coast was again overwhelmed.  And what's sad is the west is drying up and burning!

So I am putting together a presentation for my guild on fabric flowers.  I finished taking all the pictures of how to make three different ones.  And then I made a small wall hanging with the flowers.

Interspersed with the fabric flower instructions I will be showing quilting tools and supplies that I find invaluable in my quilting.  And I am putting together a pdf with patterns for the flowers and where to find the tools and supplies that I talk about.  

Today I hosted a chat for the guild and they reminded me about the Holiday Charity.  I know it's early but October will be here soon and once Halloween happens the slide to the rest of the holidays will be very fast.  So I will have to get information out to the guild members about the charities in the next newsletters.

And that reminds me that I need to get busy planning on the Christmas Presents that I want to make for family and friends.

Talk to you tomorrow...