Monday, July 11, 2022

July 11: Summer Enjoyment


I remember the grape arbor that my grandma had on her yard.  It was to the left of the barn and close to the propane tank.  The grapes had sweet juice but the rest of the grape was bitter.  Ah...what memories of childhood.

Again, sorry I didn't post on Friday...this house hunting is taking more and more time still with few concrete results.  We go again tomorrow, this time further upstate.  I may not get back in time to post.  Not sure how many homes we are going to see.

And I will miss the 1/6 committee hearing unless I can find it on my phone...if my phone is not being used for directions!

Can you believe that we are almost half way through July?  I do not know where the time goes but I truly wish it would slow down a bit.  We have precious few days left before we really need to have a house or we will be going into September before taking ownership.

So Monday's focus is a question to ponder.  The question this Monday may be a bit uncomfortable.  Are you avoiding something and why?  The answer could be anything from 'Yes, I am avoiding getting on the scale because I know I have gained weight!' to 'Yes, I am avoiding going to the doctor even though the pain is worse because I am afraid of the cause.' to 'Yes, I am avoiding something but would rather avoid even telling myself.'

My observation is that most folks avoid something at one time or another in their life.  And many avoid something all the time.  There may be good reasons for that situation.  On the other hand, the avoidance may be even more detrimental to yourself.

My hope is that you will at least ponder the question and be honest with yourself.  Whether you do anything about the avoidance is up to you but you should at least acknowledge to yourself what you are avoiding and why.  Who knows, it may help you understand yourself better...and that's always a good thing.

Talk with you tomorrow (I hope)...