Wednesday, August 10, 2022

August 10: Summer Enjoyment


The weather today was even better, still warm but not as close as yesterday and tomorrow is forecast for lower temperature and less humidity and Friday and Saturday look like winners.  Temperature 80 and low, low humidity.  Maybe I can get some work done in the garage workshop and Duchess.

Still no word on the house...same holdup.  But bank still wants to close this month.  Guess the only thing stopping progress is that number!

I have watched a couple Netflix series.  'Cursed' is the first one and it is a continuing series so I will have to wait until next season to find out what happens.  It takes place in England around the time of Merlin and magic but a completely different story.

The second one. 'Midnight Mass', is a limited series so there is only one season.  Let me tell you, this one seems slow moving simply because I was not aware of things progressing in the background.  It's a stunner.  I won't tell you how it ends, but I was thoroughly mesmerized and surprised.

Wednesday's topic is reading.  There are a lot of movies based on books, as well as books based on movies which I find kind of weird.  I was wondering if you enjoyed watching a movie first and then reading the book the movie was based on or vice versa?

For instance, I read all the Harry Potter books first.  I did love the first movie in the movie series and I enjoyed all the movies.  But, there was so much more in the books that I am glad that I read them first.

Some movies are so different than the books they were based on that the only thing in common was the title.  

But there are some movies that were so interesting that I did read the books that they were based on and I enjoyed both versions...written word and movies.

FYI for those of you who love Laura Childs' Tea Shop Mysteries.  Her latest is out.  I bought it on Kindle but have yet to read it.  Saving for this weekend because once I start, I can't put it down until I finish!

What ever your interests are, continue reading, it's keeps your mind working as well as a nice respite from your busy schedule.

Talk with you tomorrow...