Monday, April 15, 2024

I think that spring is well underway with summer here shortly.  Why?  The landlord mowed the front yard this morning!  Yep, he couldn't put it off any longer so now the weekly rounds of mowing will begin in earnest.

Actually, it's going to be warm today with a high in the 70's so I think mowing was a good idea.

Today has two major events to take note of...first, it's tax day so if you haven't or can't get your taxes done be sure to file a tax extension.

Second?  It's hard not to take note of the first time a former President is on trial.  Definitely a unique situation!

The vegetables we are growing in the house in a grow tent have reached the stage where we need to pollinate the blossoms.  I can't believe how well they are doing.  

I watched six hours of quilting demonstrations this past weekend...three on Saturday and three on Sunday.  I found five of the demonstrations really fascinating and something that I plan on trying...probably this week.  While watching I worked on remaking two of the items I purchased at Goodwill.

One pair of pants had cuffed legs which I did not like so I removed the cuffs and hemmed the pant legs.  The waist band was tighter than I like, so I removed part of the waistband, removed the elastic band and replaced it with a smaller one that was a few inches longer.  Because of the fabric, I hand sewed everything.

I also worked on a shirt by removing the collar, cutting the sleeves from long to medium and shortening and straightening the hem.  Again all by hand.  I like the results for both items and will post a photo later.

So, I not only watched lots of very interesting quilting demonstrations but got some hand work done and two new things to wear.

Here's another doodle...


You know, doodling really is a relaxing activity.  Have you tried it?  If not, why not?  Even folks who do not especially like to draw seem to enjoy doodling...

Talk with you later...