Friday, April 12, 2024

Raining...need I say more?

One of the things that I wanted to go back to was playing my keyboard.  I grew up playing a piano and then later became an organist and choir director which I totally loved.

When I first began playing, I could tell that I was rusty.  And, of course, a keyboard is very different from a piano or organ.  The muscle memory is coming back though and playing is getting better and better.  I am really happy that I have the keyboard easy to use.

I stopped by Barnes and Noble yesterday and would you believe, I did not find any new magazines of interest.  Don't get me wrong, there were lots of magazines, it's just than none caught my interest.  I did purchase one a couple weeks ago which I will highlight in the sidebar...it has a unique theme.

I saw the cutest scrap craft bird on YouTube and decided to give it a try.  It will be easy for children but some adult help may be needed depending on the age of the children.

The main supplies needed are:  toilet paper tubes, glue gun, tacky glue and scissors.  Once the bird is made, you can paint it or you can cover it with decorative paper (I used colored tissue paper.) and you can add trims such as lace and a string to hang.

Glue one end of the tubes together using the glue gun...

Next, squeeze the unglued end together opposite from the glued end, round that end with a scissors saving a small piece for the beak...

Glue the beak to one side first, and then glue the end completely closed using a glue gun...

Now is the time to finish either with paint or paper and trim, then add a string to hang.  To make the wings, cut a heart shape that fits nicely in the space.  Check out this finished bird...

A really cute scrap craft bird.  Make several and create a mobile.  Something to keep the children busy on a rainy day for very little money.

This weekend is going to have a quilting focus.  The Global Quilt Connection is presenting one of their Sampler Platters which has demonstrations from several quilters which is presented in two three hour segments one on Saturday and one on Sunday.

Be sure to do something you enjoy doing this weekend as well as take some time to relax...talk with you later...