Thursday, April 4, 2024

So, I had this blog written yesterday and ready to post BUT we lost electricity.  A tree went down and brought the electrical wires with it.  The ground is so wet that even a bit of a wind gust blows trees over.  And, although I said in yesterday's blog (below) that 'At least the snow is out of the forecast.', we woke up to snow this morning...about an inch and snowing!

* * * * * * * * * *

It's hard to see the flowers in the photo - I almost missed them in the yard.  And they are the only ones in a very large yard.  I have seen daffodils in other places, just not here.

And it is still raining.  Not a hard rain, just a continuous one...much more than a drizzle but less than a downpour.  And it's cold.  We are looking at two to three more days of rain.  At least the snow is out of the forecast.  Really, it does get old.  

So, remember that I decided to try a different routine for my exercises.  Rather than five weekdays with the weekend off, I have gone to every other day and I like it.  I think this routine is allowing my muscles (as small as they are) to gain strength.  I put in around two hours on the exercise days.  On the alternate days I may do something small like walking or yoga.  But, if I don't...no worry.

I have been doing more with paper designs and fabric scarps.  I made another bird, this one a red bird.  I also made a heart.  And then I decided to try a landscape.  They all turned out.  



I'm going to try creating another design but this time place fabric on both sides of the paper.  Then adding some tulle to hold the fabric in place on both sides and using the sewing machine, sew all over the piece.  

I will have to have a cut out pattern so that I can cut it out once the piece has been sewn.  The only other thing to consider is the bobbin thread.  I think I will use a black thread in the bobbin and gold for the top.  If I keep the designs small, say, small butterflies, I can use them for a mobile.  Going to be interesting.

I have some errands to run, even in this cold, rainy weather so that's it for today.  By the way, remember that April 8th is a solar eclipse.  Some folks are recommending keeping pets inside with shades drawn so they don't stare at the sun.  Also, remember that tax day is April 15!

Talk with you later...