Monday, April 8, 2024

Today it's bright out but cloudy and it's supposed to get into the mid 60's but the current temperature is only 40 so I'm not sure if it will make it.

And because it is going to be cloudy all day, I'm not sure what type of  solar eclipse experience we're going to have.  It should get dark out at the very least!

I hope the previous week was better for you than for me.  It seemed to be full of minor troubles every single day from weather to...well, you name it!  I am really hoping for a much better week.  I do see three days of rain so that's not great.  I am beginning to believe that this will be our weather going forward!

Two things that kept me sane last week were jigsaw puzzles online.  I enjoy working on these when I need to practice mindfulness.  Try it sometime (I use the free versions.) and see if you can think of anything else when working on a puzzle.

The other thing was my doodling.  I use one black pen and a inexpensive sketch pad.  Here's my latest...


I hope to be able to get some vegetables planted this week in containers.  I am going to use some plant sacks rather than hard sided containers.  They can be emptied and reused for several years so I am going to give them a try.

We had an earthquake here last Friday morning.  The center was in northern Jersey and friends as far away as Danbury, Connecticut felt it.  My son who works in the Bronx said that his building really shook to the point that it needed to be inspected!  I was driving into the city so didn't feel anything!

So do you have any plans for the week?  If you are observing the eclipse be sure to wear the glasses so you do not hurt your eyes.

Here's hoping my week has fewer minor hiccups!  Talk with you later...