Tuesday, April 9, 2024

So, did you experience the eclipse yesterday?  It was so overcast here that although it got fairly dark for a few minutes, I really wasn't able to see much.

A lot of folks had parties, and get-togethers with family and friends.  A time to celebrate the earth and life and time with one another.  

I don't remember the last time there was a solar eclipse with so many celebrations.  Maybe folks were just looking for a time to be happy...not sure but it seemed to be very unique.

Today is forecast to be in the 70's here and only partly cloudy.  But rain is forecast for the next three days.  I don't have the grow bags yet although I may go out and see if I can find some later today.  But in any case, with the rain, I won't be able to set up a garden area until the weekend.  A bit frustrating.

I was talking on the phone when something popped up in my mind and I stopped paying attention to the person on the phone.  Does this ever happen to you?  I got to wondering why.  Was I not interested in what the other person said?  No, it was a very relevant conversation.  Did I just stop listening and that allowed my mind to wander?  I think that I may have adapted something that is rampant in our society now...a short attention span.  

Everyone's attention span seems to have decreased, especially those who are younger.  Not sure why but I think smart phones have something to do with it.  No, I am not against smart phones.  I use mine all the time.  But what I realize is that I need to concentrate and pay complete attention especially when talking with others.  And make an effort to not let my mind wander and instead keep my attention fully on the task at hand be it talking on the phone, paying bills, making supper, etc.

Well, I am going to finish the household chores and then spend some time outside and enjoy the warm weather.  Hope you have a great day...

Talk with you later...