Monday, July 22, 2024

Good Morning from out west!  Still here and it looks like I will be here for at least two more months plus.  

At least the temperatures today and for most of the week are going to be in the low 90's, however two days are 98...a bit hotter than I would like.

So what about the news of the weekend...Biden dropping out of the race.  I was upset about that because the media wasn't treating both candidates the same...Biden wasn't the only old candidate.  But, as my grandma always said, 'life is not a bed of roses'...so I guess we have to take what comes no matter how unfair and unlikely it seems.  The race has changed considerably...should be interesting to say the least!

I really enjoyed the Quilt 2024 Summer Camp.  Five free days of workshops, interviews and discussions.  And I learned a lot.  For instance, an easy way to sew a successful Y seam.  I have always avoided them but will now try patterns with them. 

I picked up some yarn and enjoyed crocheting.  After dinner one day, I took two empty large cans and had fun decorating them with fabric and the crocheted items.  Check out the first one...



And here's the second one...


 

I used a glue gun for this rather than tacky glue.  And you can see where I used the crocheted items.  It was lots of fun and will give me more places to store things when not it use!

Besides the tin cans (be sure to use a pliers to press down any sharp edged on the inside/outside of the can), I cut out two heavy cardboard circles for each can. One to go on the bottom and a smaller one to go inside, both covered in the same fabric as the cans.  I even added a crocheted piece to the inside of one.  Cut and paste, or in this case glue.  Satisfies the need to create!

That's it for today...

Talk with you tomorrow...