Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Well, it's here!  The summer freedom has been replaced by a more scheduled routine and basically school has just about begun everywhere!

This morning was a 4am alarm because my son not only had to do his normal drive to work, but then take the subway from the Bronx to downtown Manhattan, at least another hour or more!

It is bright and sunny out with little or no breezes.  No rain in the forecast and temperatures around the high 70's.  All-in-all, a really nice day to be outside but I will be either inside cleaning or doing some basic shopping!

My Summer Camp Experience was so successful for me that I decided I wanted to do something for fall.  So, I took out the papers for summer camp and put in new papers for fall and created two 'journals'...



So far my idea is to not have it as structured as the summer camp experience, but rather take an inventory of the various craft things I do (and reading) as well as journal about the activities.  Again, not a lot but just to make sure that these fall days do not slip by unnoticed by me.

I was thinking that perhaps some of you may want to do the same thing.  You can purchase notebooks to use as 'journals' but if you have some paper, cardboard, string, a bit of glue, scrap fabric you can easily make a journal.  

One journal uses a winding string method for securing the pages.  The other journal uses the pamphlet stitch (which is very easy) and the only extra things you need are an awl or a sharp needle and an embroidery needle.  

I posted two new pages which you can see in the column to the right on making simple journals.  If you're interested, check them out and try to make one.

For the craft this week you need to gather some twigs like these...

Most of them are not too large.  You will also need either a piece of wood for the background (No wood available, we can use cardboard) and either some paint or fabric and some glue.

Well, there's lots on my to-do list today so I need to get going...have a great day and enjoy the fall weather.

Talk with you tomorrow...