Tuesday, October 6, 2026

It was so cold this morning that my son found his winter coat to wear!  And, yes, it was that cold.  Going to take the air conditioners out this weekend and start the furnace just to warm up the cold mornings.

However, it is bright and sunny out with completely blue skies this morning.  And Jupiter was shining bright this morning before the sun came up!  I am once again waking up in the dark!  But I have my exercises all done along with a lot of other daily chores like journaling, meditation, etc.

I'm making dinner tonight, something simple like chicken breasts, rice and probably corn casserole.  The house is in pretty good shape so I will spend some time in the greenhouse along with working on the guild newsletter today.  If it warms up a bit this afternoon I will start removing the garden plants.  Leaves are already beginning to pile up but there's still not very much color.

Today's craft is a cute little pumpkin that you can use for table decorations and place cards; or, you can make several and hang them on a string for a really nice garland.  Supplies needed are:  Card stock or heavy paper, scissors and glue.  First, make a circle pattern...


And cut out fifteen or sixteen circles...

Fold each circle in half...

And glue them together...

Cut out a stem and a couple leaves...

Place the long part of the stem in the middle of the circles and glue the last one to the first to make a pumpkin.  Curl the leaves and glue to the stem...

If you fold small pieces of paper first, place the pattern on the fold and cut out the circle you will not see any of the ink from tracing around the pattern.  You can make these any size you want, but they really are cute.  And, of course, I didn't come up with this idea...I saw it several places on the internet and I'm sure you have also.

That's all for now...have an amazing day and do something special...

Talk with you tomorrow...