Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ohio Today, Wisconsin Tomorrow

I'm in Ohio right now but will be driving to Wisconsin tomorrow - way too long a drive for me, but I messed up on the reservations so Wisconsin, here I come.  (I used to live in Wisconsin, a long, long, long time ago.   Darlington was the name of the town.   I think I will visit on my way back east and see if the house I loved is still there.   It had a wrap-around porch with windows.)

I've been asked about eating out...basically, I don't too much.   When I'm visiting friends and family, yes, but on my own, I prefer cooking.   And right now, with all that fresh produce available at roadside stands, I can't think of better eating.   

This is what I made a couple nights ago with fresh green beans, onions, red pepper, tomatoes and potatoes along with some chicken...

I cut up the beans, onions, pepper and put them in a frying pan with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.   I put the potatoes in the microwave to start them cooking...

I then added the potatoes and tomatoes...

I then added the chicken cutlets to saute until done...

Let me add that this was enough for three meals for me.  

I'm still amazed at how many folks think...well, I don't know what they think...but act as though I'm crazy to be doing this on my own...or simply can't understand.   It mystifies me because most of the full timers are older than I am.   Oh well.  It's their problem...not mine.

Thanks for stopping by...

MY JOURNEY OF CHANGE...
I know there is 'survivor guilt' and lately I am wondering if I am experiencing some of that...I get excited about doing something or seeing something and then I feel a bit like I shouldn't.   

I know that if Bill was the survivor, I would not be at all upset about his experiences.   And I am sure that the same could be said of him for me.   

But, still, I feel at times that maybe I shouldn't be so happy or excited about trying out new things or planning a different future than I would have had if Bill had lived.   It's not a big deal, just a little nagging thought every once in a while.   Maybe it's more sadness that he isn't here to experience things with me.   What do you think?