Thursday, October 20, 2011

Again, plans were changed.

I was going to drive up to Simon Pearce today but when I got up it was raining and dark so I decided to stay home, do a big laundry, work on my blog redo and the e-zine I want to produce.   I also read one of the books I picked up at the mystery book store in Brattlesboro.   

'While My Pretty One Knits', the first in a series called A Black Sheep Knitting Mystery by Anne Canadeo.   It was a fun read.   Of course, I can't knit worth a dime...but give me a crochet hook and I can do pretty good. 

My husband, now he could knit but I never got the hang of it.   (I'm still trying to tat also...needle tatting I can do but put a shuttle in my hand and I'm all thumbs!!!

Boy, and I can remember my gramma tatting...but she also knitted, crocheted, made quilts, raised a fabulous garden, canned, etc...all while running a butcher shop and grocery store in a tiny town in Minnesota.   Wow!!  What a roll model...

Anyway, I thought I would share more pictures from the Minnesota Arboretum.   The first three are pictures of an artistic structure, man-made out of natural fibers.   It was outside the entrance building but I think it will be taken down this fall...

There were lots of pumpkin people scattered around the gardens like the two above.   Here are a few more...

Well, hopefully it will be nice tomorrow so I can drive up to north to the Simon Pearce place.  I'll take pictures if I go...  

Thanks for stopping by...